Saturday 7 September 2013

Baking, baking, baking

Busy, busy, busy (or is it lazy, lazy, lazy). Whichever way I look at it my blog has definitely been on the silent side. I have been busy though, I promise you with lots of new things to add to my blog over the coming weeks.

For my first blog back in a wee while I thought I would celebrate my all time favourite kitchen appliance...my Kitchenaid Mixer.




I was so lucky to get my gorgeous mixer as a 30th birthday present from my thoughtful boyfriend and I have been using it non-stop. I have been inspired partly by Mary Berry's Baking Bible (also given to me as a birthday present from a good friend) and partly by a want to make things from scratch...from 'real' ingredients (no packet mix cakes for me).

I find baking a way to relax and enjoy the art of making something for yourself, friends or family. It shows that you care about those people important to you - you have taken the time to make something that you hope they will enjoy (and you also get to lick the spoon).

I have challenged myself to bake something new each weekend to share with whomever is around. One weekend it was pavlova (Day to Day Cookery Book), the next it was lemon meringue pie and this weekend it has been strawberry and coconut muffins (I added a little bit of me to this recipe by adding vanilla bean paste, making 6 giant Texas muffins instead of the usual 12, and drizzling with white chocolate).



You don't need a mixer to bake something absolutely delicious (although just so pretty) so join me this weekend or any day of the week and bake something new that you have always wanted to try. How about some Amish friendship bread, chocolate eclairs, creme brûlée, whatever tickles your fancy. And share it with someone special to you or as a welcome to a new neighbour.


Yum, yum, yum


No comments:

Post a Comment