Thursday 13 February 2014

The Little Grey Men

A big thanks to my Dad and Mum who instilled in me a love of books. They were the ones who introduced me to Enid Blyton. When I was a wee girl I loved loved loved 'The Folk of the Faraway Tree'. I remember wishing that I would come across the Faraway Tree when I was out and about. I still love the idea that the Faraway Tree is out there somewhere.

Recently I was reading a fiction novel by Marcia Willett when she mentioned a book called 'The Little Grey Men' by BB. It is about the last four gnomes in Britain. BB was the pseudonym on D.J. Watkins-Pitchford on a side note.


The book was first published in 1942 and is simply...brilliant. I really could not put it down. I needed to know how Cloudberry, Dodder, Baldmoney and Sneezewort finished their big adventure. They are the names of the last four gnomes in Britain by the way.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough and I know that you will love reading it yourself as much as to your children, nieces or nephews.

I bought the book on bookdepository.co.uk and was not really expecting too much but I had a lovely surprise and now I love to think that Cloudberry, Dodder, Baldmoney and Sneezewort are chatting by the fire in Oak Tree House by the bubbling Folly brook. Please read it when you get a moment...you will escape to a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment